Job Posting: Care Manager (PRN, Part-Time)
Planned Living Assistance Network of Central Texas, Inc. (“PLANCTX”)
Summary: Make a difference in the life of families living with severe and chronic mental health challenges. Make your own schedule as you work alongside highly experienced professionals and leaders in the field. This is an ideal position for experienced social service professionals seeking meaningful work, considerate pay and flexible schedule and hours. Social Work clinical supervision and hours towards clinical licensure is available at no cost.
Compensation: $25/hour plus mileage & travel time reimbursement.
Schedule: Flexible, based on desired workload and client needs/availability. All employees have a 3 month probation period upon hire.
- Assess the needs of clients with severe and persistent mental illness(es) and develop customized personal care treatment plans with clients and their families/caregivers.
- Provide individual and group counseling/psychotherapy in coordination with care plans, utilizing recognized evidence-based treatment methods.
- Actively and regularly guide, assist and support the client in establishing and/or organizing routines, activities (including work or volunteer work), and living arrangements.
- Broker local services as needed for health, housing, food, disability benefits, transportation, etc.
- Communicate and coordinate weekly with the funder, as assigned.
- Accept urgent and emergent calls and offer crisis intervention, as needed, on personal cell phone from clients and/or their families, except when on pre-arranged time off.
- Attend supervisory meeting every other Friday from 12 Noon to 2PM.
Education/Experience Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, Rehabilitation Counseling, or related discipline, and at least one year of relevant experience serving adults with mental illness, or, Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of relevant experience. Clean 3 year driving record and criminal background check. LCSW, LPC, LMFT, LCDC, LMSW, LPCi, LCDCi preferred. Bilingual preferred.
Required: At least 5 years experience in local social services.
Insurance Must have current proof of vehicle insurance that meets all Texas minimum requirements at all times. Must carry own professional liability insurance such as through HPSO or NASW Assurance and provide a copy of active certificate of coverage to the PLANCTX office for personnel files.
Equipment Must have access to personal vehicle, valid Texas driving license, and provide current proof of vehicle insurance for personnel file at all times. Basic computer skills (e.g., e-mail, internet, word processing, spread sheets) and experience using other office equipment (FAX, copier, scanner, telephone, voice mail). Must have a cell phone that can be used for work at PLANCTX. (May use Google voice number.)
Other Skills/Experience/Knowledge Excellent oral and written communication skills, organization skills, crisis intervention skills, experience working with families, and knowledge of local resources.
Working locations Primarily work in clients’ homes or out in the community. Meetings and other activities may be held in the PLANCTX office.